The Baldwin BP178 Grand Piano
With a range that caters to every requirements, Baldwin’s Professional Series has a high-quality grand piano for precisely your budget, your room and your musical needs. The BP178 is toward the mid-sized range of grand pianos, making it perfect where a full, rich tone is desired, but a larger, full sized grand might cramp your room. At 5’10” in length, the BP178 projects the full grandure of a full-sized piano, while being right at home in your more restricted livingroom, music room or studio. And, being a Baldwin Professional Series, its slightly scaled-down dimensions never equate to a constricted sound. This grand easily delivers the sweet, singing tone you’d expect from a much larger instrument, while retaining the full visual impact of having a legendary Baldwin grand piano in your living space.
Classic design, hand-crafted features to last you a lifetime
Any time you buy a Baldwin grand piano you expect a beautiful and classic cabinet design, along with warm tone and exceptionally responsive action. These features are in abundance in the new BP178. To ensure integrity, each part of this grand is carefully chosen for its uniformity and performance. The soundboard and rib material are made from solid Alaskan Sitka spruce, while the bridge is made from hard maple and precision notched by hand. Each key is crafted of solid Alaskan Sitka spruce with ebony wood sharp keys, and individually weighed for the most responsive action possible. T-pinned and reinforced Abel German hammers sound high-quality Roslau strings, and a 17-ply hard maple German pin block offers a lifetime of precision performance. The three traditional pedals — soft, sustain and full sustenuto — are constructed of solid brass, and the fallboard utilizes a slow-close mechanism with imported hydraulics for a smooth, sure motion when in use. This makes it easier and safer for younger players.
The best fit and finish for you
A grand piano enhances and defines any room, and if your space doesn’t stretch to a full-sized grand, this genuine Baldwin makes the desired impact in the space allowed. In so doing, the Baldwin BP178 offers unprecedented value in its class.
- Length: 5' 10"
- Width: 60"
- Height: 40"
- Hammers: Abel of Germany
- Strings: High-grade music wire from Roslau
- Speaking Length: 53"
- Soundboard Material: Solid Alaskan Sitka Spruce
- Soundboard Area: Sq. In. 1,988
- Bridge Material: Hard Maple
- Bridge Design: Precision Notched by Hand
- Ribs: 11, Solid Alaskan Sitka Spruce
- Action Material: Maple and Hornbeam
- Key Material: Solid Alaskan Sitka Spruce & Ebony Sharp Keys
- KeyBed: Multi-laminated Birch and Spruce
- Pedals: 3 Solid Brass
- Fallboard: Slow-Close Fallboard (imported hydraulic)
- Rim Design: Hard Maple
- Plate: Cast iron sand cast (Duplex Scale)
- Pinblock Material: 17-ply Laminated Hard Maple
- Tuning Pins: Nickel-plated steel, cut thread
- Warranty: 10 years, parts and labor
- Comprehensive preparation including detailed regulation, voicing, and tuning by expert PianoCraft technicians.
- Matching bench
- 2 FREE follow up tuning visits
- FREE 10 Year PianoCraft Warranty in addition to the factory warranty
- 100% Trade-In/Trade-Up Guarantee
- Professional delivery and setup (pickup of trade-in piano)